Re: wishlist: tamtam at login is blindfriendlier than silence ...

Hi.  I can also confirm that at least on a couple of Sid boxes, the beep
is present. It has been their since at least Sarje, and possibly earlier.
Ditto for Fedora-based distros.  As far as Orca talking at login, it was
my understanding that accessible login under Debian-based distros was
still broken.  But then again, for me, that's not really a problem, as I
don't need that at the moment. Once QT and kDE apps are accessible in the
mainstream, as GDM actually provides a mechanism to choose which session a
user wishes to login too. This may bee accomplished by the use of a
Braille display, but of course, not all users have one, or may not
actually know how to read Braille.

--Erik