Re: Speakup modules in squeeze

Hello,

Ben Hutchings, le Wed 14 Oct 2009 01:54:47 +0100, a écrit :
> There is a big problem with the current linux-modules-extra-2.6 package,
> which is that the resulting binary packages are related to their source
> only by build-dependency, and this does not ensure that corresponding
> source and binary packages are kept released together.

Yes, that was a source of confusion for the users too.

> Those modules that may be needed at installation time will be added to
> the linux-2.6 package, and the speakup modules are clearly among those.
> I have added patches that put them under drivers/staging:
>
> svn://svn.debian.org/svn/kernel/dists/trunk/linux-2.6/debian/patches/features/all/speakup/

> Please review these

So speakup-add.patch would always be a mere copy of speakup-source?

Speakup-kbuild.patch seems just right and will probably never have to
change.

> and let the kernel team know whenever speakup needs to be updated.

Mmm, couldn't linux-2.6 build-depend on speakup-source and just
automatically import the source from there?

> Currently staging drivers are only built for x86 because
> many of them are not really portable.  I think this is not the case for
> speakup, so let me know if it should be built for more architectures.

Speakup should build and work on basically all archs (it was tested on
both 32 and 64bit platforms, and both little and big endians).