Re: a11y and pulseaudio in debian squeeze???

Hi.
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 12:45:56PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Aldo, le Mon 27 Jul 2009 12:25:52 +0200, a écrit :
> > you can't make 99% of current users pay for the 0.9% of audio-minded people
> > who are needing an advanced but problematic product born from alsa.
>
> That'd precisely why Debian doesn't install pulseaudio by default.
> We're mostly just wondering why Ubuntu considered installing it by
> default.

The reasons I've seen are "Fedora is using it", and Linux sound is to complicated for the average user.
I don't think either reason is good enough to use pulseaudio, but I'm just a user.  I'm sure the Ubuntu developers
have good reasons for there choice.

          Kenny