Re: Installing Orca from svn under Debian

Hi.  you should be able to set the other gnome accessibility packages to manual.  Have you tried the following?
Use underline to purge gnome-orca.  When you get the list of other packages aptitude wants to remove, use plus to over ride aptitude's decision.  That did work for me the last time I tried it.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny