Re: Installing Orca from svn under Debian

Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net> (11/07/2008):
> If I try to remove gnome-orca, aptitude wants to remove various other
> Gnome accessibility-related packages.

Hi,

as a general solution (I'm not sure it's the best for this particular
problem), you could build a dummy package that would play orca's role
from the package manager point of view, using the equivs package (which
will let you build an “equivalent” package, so that aptitude doesn't
want to remove everything once you've removed the real package); and
then install the svn version under /usr/local.

Mraw,
KiBi.