[firstname.lastname@example.org: Debian Installer lenny release candidate 1]
Forwarding the mail from debian-devel-announce, mentioning the speakup
component of the debian installer.
(some doc on http://brl.thefreecat.org/wiki/moin.cgi/debian )
----- Forwarded message from Otavio Salvador <email@example.com> -----
From: Otavio Salvador <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Debian Installer lenny release candidate 1
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:05:24 -0200
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Debian Installer lenny release candidate 1
The Debian Installer team is proud to announce the first release
candidate of the installer for Debian GNU/Linux Lenny. Improvements
in this release of the installer
* Improved support for Live-CD installation media (much faster and
more reliable than earlier releases);
* Support for some NAS devices based on Marvell's ARM-compatible
o QNAP TS-109/TS-209 and TS-409;
o HP Media Vault mv2120;
o Buffalo Kurobox Pro;
* Installer images for Netwinder have been added again;
* Installer images for i386 Xen guests
* Support for hardware speech synthesis (speakup) has been added;
* Upgrade of packages early in pkgsel, for example to get
available security updates for base system packages;
* Support for loading firmware from (removable) media during the
* i386/amd64: support for installing to and loading firmware from
* New translations: Welsh, Irish, Northern Sami, Serbian (Amharic
and Marathi were added in beta releases).
Known issues in this release
* i386: for this release, installation from floppy disk is not
* PowerPC: the graphical installer should work on almost all
systems with ATI graphics cards, but probably not others;
* touchpads should work with the graphical installer, but support
may be suboptimal - if you experience problems, you should use
an external mouse instead.
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
We do need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer,
so please try it.
Installation CDs and DVDs, other media, errata, and everything else
you'll need are available from the Debian Installer web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this
Debian Installer Release Manager
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.8+ <http://mailcrypt.sourceforge.net/>
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-announce-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com
----- End forwarded message -----
How do I type "for i in *.dvi do xdvi i done" in a GUI?
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of interfaces.)