Lynx and Unicode

Hi.

Since I've once read (and believed) that Lynx is not fit for Unicode
consoles, I'd like to correct this false knowledge:
You can use lynx in unicode consoles with brltty from experimental
by configuring the CHARACTER_SET configuration option.  If you
put something like:

CHARACTER_SET:UNICODE (UTF-8)

in your /etc/lynx.cfg, lynx will display umlauts and thelike correctly.

If you have a braille unicode capable font loaded, it should also
be able to represent unicode braille correctly, see
http://delysid.org/music/braille.html for an example.

Samuel: Did you already submit your unicode braille tables to Debian?
It would be nice if we could select a unicode braille font in the
default system, not needing to fetch and untar a separate tarball...

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>