Re: latest brltty in experimental?

Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson, le Tue 22 Apr 2008 18:30:49 +1000, a écrit :
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 01:19:11AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson, le Tue 22 Apr 2008 09:41:22 +1000, a écrit :
> > >
> > > If I set my locales to en_AU-UTF-8, diacriticals such as ä and ö are all
> > > represented by ?, decimal 9632.
> >
> > How do you set your locales?  If you are just setting the LANG
> > environment variable in live, you also need to switch the console to
> > unicode and reload the keymap.
> >
> > Are the diacriticals correctly visually rendered by the screen?
>
> I set my locale with dpkg-reconfigure locales.

Ok, do you reboot as well?  Rebooting (or running unicode_start/stop by
hand) is needed to switch between utf-8 and non-utf-8 locales.

Also, there is a bug in console-tools and kbd packages that make the
switch happen only on VT1, so please check on that VT only.  The next
upload of kbd should fix the problem.

> I checked with my wife, and it does look funny on the screen as well.

Ok, so that should be fixed first before having a look at brltty.

> When I do unicode_stop, it's all right again. Obviously the problem is
> here.

Yes: after setting the locale you need to run unicode_start or
unicode_stop according to whether your locale is UTF-8 or not.
Rebooting should do that automatically, but as I said above, a bug makes
it only work on VT1.