Re: gnome-orca in unstable

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Mario Lang, le Fri 27 Apr 2007 13:56:41 +0200, a écrit :
>> Does anyone know what exactly needs to be done to get openoffice.org to work?
>> AIUI, we'd need the java-access-bridge from GNOME.
>
> I managed to get OOo working. We don't need java-access-bridge, please
> read:
>
> http://brl.thefreecat.org/wiki/moin.cgi/OpenOffice.org

Ah, so the short answer is one needs to install openoffice.org-gnome.

That kind of makes sense.

> I also reported bug #418650 . Maybe an "accessibility" part of the
> debian documentation should include such information?

Maybe I should at least add openoffice.org-gnome to
http://debian.org/devel/debian-accessibility/software.html?

We could also consider creating a meta-package which would
install a fully accessible graphical desktop (screen reader
and necessary support packages). And/or look at creating
an "Accessible Desktop" tasksel item?

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang@db.debian.org