Re: Debian-Installer with BRLTTY (USB) test report

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 10:59:55PM +0100, Mario Lang wrote:
>Today I tried the daily build of debian-installer with
>a USB (Handy Tech Modular Evolution 88) braille display.

Same here, I instaled a laptop with a Handy Tech Braillestar 40 device.

>I simply connected the USB port of my display to a laptop that
>needed a fresh system and put the netinst CD in the drive.

I also used the latest netinst daily build.

>I booted the machine and pressed return to get the installer going.
>
>After a while, my display magically turned on and BRLTTY
>successfully started.  I went into the BRLTTY preferences
>menu to choose the translation table I prefer and exited the
>preference menu again.

I've started the installation with the boot params

    linux brltty=,,de

to have the German brailletable directly from start.

>From there on, I was able to perform the whole installation without
>any problems.  At the end, BRLTTY was installed into the
>target system, and after reboot, I again had a working
>display in my newly installed Debian Etch system.

Same here, all worked fine. Very cool :)!

Kind regards,

  Christian

--
Christian Schoepplein <chris at schoeppi.net>