Sarge's access floppies: BRLTTY won't start

Hi everyone,

I [1]downloaded the files boot.img, root.ing and net-drivers.img and
wrote them on discs with the dd program. I booted my laptop from the
boot disc and entered the following at the bootprompt:

Linux brltty=ht,ttyS0,de

When the disc drive stopped making noises, I inserted the root.img disc
and pressed Enter. BRLTTY was not started. Instead, the installer
appeared and asked me to select a language.

When I tried the discs in the end of February or beginning of March,
BRLTTY was started. However, the installer hung itself up before the
partitioning.

Did I do something wrong or are the current discs not working anymore?

Best regards, Simon