Re: Installer for the blind forr Sarge

Hi,

Simon Bienlein, le Wed 24 May 2006 11:44:44 +0200, a écrit :
> Hi Samuel,
>
> > At last, I can answer to this: official debian installation images now
> > include brltty.
> >
> > For now, only daily builds include it starting from today.
>

> I downloaded the current version of the business card CD:
> <http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/etch_d-i/20060522/i386/i
> so-cd/debian-testing-i386-businesscard.iso>
>
> Doesn't the Business Card-ISO comprise BRLTTY or do I have to use
> different parameters for booting?

Ah, sorry, I should have mentionned that there is a difference between
debian-installer and cd-image

Only daily builds of the _debian-installer_ do include BRLTTY. They can
be found on http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/ .

cd-image only uses the latest _published_ version of debian-installer
only, i.e. for now 2006-03-04 (you can see this in apt-cache policy
debian-installer ), i.e. too old for now. But as soon as the
debian-installer team relases a new version, daily builds of cd-image
will include BRLTTY.

> By the way, does the next Ubuntu distribution support an installation
> via Braille display? As both distributions are set up on the same
> installer that should be possible.

IIRC, they are considering this indeed. See the Accessibility part of
their project.