More information about 'installer for the blind - Speakup"

Hello,

I am new to this List and a newbe to Linux as well. I hope I am on the
'right' list other way please point me to an list were I am 'right'.

I am visually impaired and I plan to setup a Debian system in the next
flew months.

On the page http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/ I
find some informations about an 'installer for the blind'.

Please could give me someone more information on this installer?
Is it a specially installer or it it 'only' a boot floppy with support
for speech and/or braille display which give access to the standard
installer from Debian 3.1?

Probably I will ask someone to help me with the installation of Debian
the first time however I would like to be able to 'see' what goes on during the
installation process. That is the risen why I am interested in this
installer.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen/ Best regarts

Petra Ritter

Zugang für alle
Schweizerische Stiftung zur behindertengerechten Technologienutzung
Seefeldstrasse 65
8008 Zürich
Tel. +41 (0)1 383 44 16
Fax +41 (0)1 383 44 92