Re: More information about 'installer for the blind - Speakup"

Hi,

Petra Ritter, le Wed 28 Dec 2005 10:28:49 +0100, a écrit :
> On the page http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/ I
> find some informations about an 'installer for the blind'.
>
> Please could give me someone more information on this installer?
> Is it a specially installer or it it 'only' a boot floppy with support
> for speech and/or braille display which give access to the standard
> installer from Debian 3.1?

It is 'only' a boot floppy with support for speech and braille displays,
hence giving access to the standard installer from Debian 3.1. The only
difference is that by default the debconf frontend is text, not dialog.

> Probably I will ask someone to help me with the installation of Debian
> the first time however I would like to be able to 'see' what goes on during the
> installation process. That is the risen why I am interested in this
> installer.

Yes, I think it's a good approach: with these boot floppies you will be
able to follow the installation performed by a non-blind person ; later
you will be able to install it by yourself :)

Regards,