Re: Networking and software speech with Speakup

Mario Lang wrote:>
You want to add "3c59x" to /etc/modules to get your network card
Yep, already did that. My friend heldped me to carry out the commands needed to configure the network and all. NOw the networking side works again, W00T. ALso, we got the sound working, too, without even having to re-compile the kernel. i'm still using a 2.4 pre-compiled kernel.

The testing sound in RedHat's sndconfig rules, hehe. I'm not sure what other Debian config apps use, but sndconfig plays a passage in which Linus pronounces Linux. The au file can be found in a variety of places such as:

ftp://ftp.funet.fi/.m/mirrors0/ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/SillySounds/english.au

Also Festival Light talks now, and man it sounds robotic in a cool way. I found one strange pronounciation quirk though. It seems to extrapolate sw as southwest, not sure about the exact case. However, other directions are not extrapolated like this, odd.

Now I only need to get a screen reader up and running as well as a decent console magnifier and perhaps 320x200 for X. We'll attempt getting Speakup in to the kernel with my Linux friend pretty soon I suppose, but I'm also considering Yasr. Screader is out of the question as it is not updated any more.

Thanks for taking the time for replying even to the most newbiest of questions, haha.

--
With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä (vtatila@mail.student.oulu.fi)
Accessibility, game music, synthesizers and more: