Re: Web browsing

Mario Lang <mlang@delysid.org> writes:

> Boris Daix <Boris.Daix@insa-lyon.fr> writes:
>
>> first point should be "Browsing the Web".  So please share your tips
>> so that I can report them in the manual,
>
> The two most important VFAQs which come to mind are:

V stands for "very" or for "virtual" ? :-)

> 1. How to enable the cursor in lynx?
>    (Option SHOW_CURSOR:TRUE in lynx.cfg or -show_cursor argument)
> 2. How to enable the cursor in links:
>    F10 -> Setup -> (T)erminal Options: Uncheck "Block cursor" checkbox

Thanks for these elements (merged in the DebAx Virtual FAQ).

Do you think we should give a short idea of the differences between
those text-browsers, or simply give practical notes about them ?  Of
course we won't fall in infinite trolls, but it may help.  I've
picked :

- lynx (very used, ported on other platforms)
- links (does it really support javascript ? ; uses ncurses)
- w3m (with kind of "emacs spirit" ; provides an emacs-mode)

I wait for your adds on this (how are they speech-friendly for
example).  We sure may add/remove ones.

Bye
--
Boris Daix

     En concert avec la chorale de l'ENS pour "La Messe Solennelle"
     de Berlioz, les 15, 18, 21 et 24 mai 2003.  Pour réserver vos
     places, ne tardez plus et contactez moi -- Venez nombreux !

   "In Freedom We Trust" (IFWT)
    (C) 2003 by Boris Daix ;-)