Re: install question

Alexandre Alves Tôco <alexandretoco@cosespseguros.com.br> writes:

> Hi, I want to install linux and have the option to use text environment and
> graphics with gnopernicus. If I understood right, debian installation will
> configure all this packages to me.
> Is it right?

no, it isn't.  First, gnopernicus isn't in a stable state, neither for
Debian nor for any other GNU/Linux distribution.  Second, the last
release of Debian (codename Woody) hasn't these facilities you
expect to have in its default installation process, and you do have to
manage any dedicated softs.

> What version should I use?

If newbe you are, you should use a stable release : Woody.  But as
said above, Woody won't do everything for you.  You can either ask
someone to install Woody for you `til the box becomes accessible, or
sit around a bit, read docs, to become able to put things in place
according to your needs by yourself.

> Will it be able to provide speech or braille during the installation if I plug
> a braille lite?

As you'll manage those things, you'll have what you expect...  It's
not that easy yet, sorry, no auto-probing, no that-specialized auto
configuration.  If you have a braille lite, I guess BRLTTY (console
mode) would be the main soft you'd have to take care about.  I suggest
you read Bootdisks/README.Debian file, available in BRLTTY's source
tree.

Here (the d-a11y@l.d.o ML) is the place where such improvements are
discussed, so if you need answers to technical questions, you may ask
for them here.

I hope it helps

Au revoir
--