Mozilla 1.4 and Gnopernicus with GNOME 2.2

[I am CC'ing this message to mozilla-accessibility@mozilla.org since
 someone there might know the answer to this question.]

Hello.

I used Mozilla 1.3 with enabled accessibility support already
a little bit under Gnopernicus -- the GNOME screen reader -- on
a Debian system.
It was speaking the menus, and it also spoke the links
when using TAB to navigate between links on a page.

Now Mozilla 1.4 entered the Debian development distribution,
and I was excited about perhaps seeing some improvements.

What I see now is that mozilla 1.4 does not provide any
spoken feedback at all.  Not in the menus, and not on a
rendered page.  I double-checked, and found that mozilla 1.4
also has accessibility support enabled by default, just
like 1.3 had.

Now I am wondering, do I miss something?  Do I perhaps need
to set some environment variable to enabled proper AT-SPI/ATK
usage of Mozilla?  If not, can anyone explain why the new version
seems to be a lot worse than 1.3 when it comes to accessibility
support?

Any input on this would be appreciated.

--
CYa,