Re: Installing Debian

Hi.  There are speakup boot floppies on the speakup websight.

http://linux-speakup.org

There ar a few things to know about these floppies.  The Potato floppies
are an earlier version of speakup, but they will work without problems.
Even though Potato is an earlier version of Debian, you can use them to
get a current Debian up and running.  Once you have the base system
installed, just edit your sources.list to point to the branch of Debian
you want.

The Woody boot floppies were made before Woody was a final release.
They have a bug with installing on a network that uses DHCP.
If you need DHCP support during the initial install, use the Potato
floppies.  If your network uses static IP addresses, the Woody floppies
will work.  Once again, you can upgrade to the branch of Debian you want
early in the install process by editing your sources.list.

You should be able to use your custom kernel once you have Debian
installed.

Hope this helps.
Kenny