Re: Point release upgrade video -- update

On Sun, Sep 11, 2022 at 8:57 PM Paul Sutton <paulsutton@disroot.org> wrote:
On 11/09/2022 14:02, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 10, 2022 at 5:04 PM Paul Sutton <paulsutton@disroot.org
> <mailto:paulsutton@disroot.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>
>     As the latest point releases have been made, it is a good opportunity
>     for me to create a video illustrating the update process.
>
>     I am running Debian 11, so am I right in thinking that I just type (as
>     sudo or root)
>
>     apt update
>     apt upgrade
>

> I think this is enough. But I am not a Debian expert.

Further to this, I have created a video and uploaded to peertube

https://diode.zone/w/v2GNJEGvWjXCxZfHacgwb1

At the present United kingdom time of 19:54 on 11/9/2022 it is still
transcoding on peertube.

I have uploaded the source file to my next cloud account at

https://nc.phillw.org/index.php/s/MTA3LJE42WggmTQ

The video is about 1/2 hour, due to number of packages, speed of system
etc:-

1. I guess the video can be edited so that the download and install
segments can be either skipped or speeded up,  hence reducing length of
video.  Not sure how to do this, I'll leave it to those with the expertise.

I usually use Kdenlive for video editing (https://kdenlive.org/en/)
There are lots of tutorials about it, for example this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI93ae_nnyY
Maybe I will show some very basic usage of it by the end of the course (that I am starting next week), but I am not sure.

2. No sound allows for dubbing, however I would anticipate that having
no sound means that text can be added around it.

3. Feel free to download / share

4. If you can attribute to me,  then I am happy for people to do so,
thank you.

5. Maybe we can share the final edited video so that we can use more
widely.

Hope this helps and is useful

Regards

Paul Sutton