Re: Step 1: Persons

On 01/11/2020 19:30, gregor herrmann wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 20:35:50 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:

Everybody: please read, think, and comment on the draft above.
Are these all groups? Are there more or other reald or perceived
needs, do we have more or other requirements? Please also expand on
the wordings and/or improve Jathan's and my English :)

Not a load of comments but well, I guess we need to move on :)

I've just committed and pushed the summary in a new file Concept.md
to our git repo at https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debianacademy-team

Here's the text in its current version:

**A Concept for the Debian Academy**

# 1. PERSONS

~~~
Who is involved, as providers (organizers, trainers) and participants?

What do we know about them, their explicit or guessed needs and
expectations, their prior and/or required knowledge, skills, attitudes?
~~~

## 1.a Providers:

- In general:
"People committed to Debian and Free Software, and with interest to spread
   knowledge about the Debian Project in an audiovisual way."

- Planning:
"These people support the team by figuring out what classes are to be
   created, outlining the topics are covered and finding people to bring the
   classes into existance."

   * Some interested people (Jathan, Mitja, eamanu, gregoa)
   * Needed and hopefully provided: skills in project organization

- Technical:

   "These people support the infrastructure of the Debian Academy Team
   Resources."

   * People: Teckids and Dominik George
   * plus interested helpers (Jathan, eamanu, mitja)
   * Skills needed and provided: experience in running e-learning tools
     and providing (e-)learning + Debian background

- Instructors:

   "These people create learning material and train learners, they maintain
   all course work in Moodle like enroll students, grading quizes/tests and
   ensuring class scheduling and course completion. They are
   teachers/trainers."

   * Some interested people (samueloph, highvoltage, eamanu); more needed later.
   * Skills needed and provided: experienced Debian contributors, some
     e-teaching experience (I guess?)
   * Wanted: people with experience in both Debian contributions and
     (e-)teaching skills / experience in adult education, after we have
     defined the aim, topics and objectives.

- Designers

   "These people can create various media like: Moodle badges, web artwork,
   tables and charts."

- Other (O)

   "Subject matter experts for various tools latex, H5p content, articles,
   quizes, workbooks, howtos, and audio/video tutorials."

## 1.b Participants/learners/target group:

Debian users who are interested to learn how Debian is made, and find out
how they could help in different areas inside the Debian Project.

Of course that's just the current status and can alway be discussed
and changed.

And now on to the next mail and the next step.

Cheers,
gregor

Hi Gregor / Team

I am not too sure if my course creation skills can hack this, there is a course on Beamer Presentations on Moodle.

If anyone is able to give someone with more experience with Moodle full write access to my beamer course, I *am happy* for someone to have that so they can help make improvements.

I have however started to put together screenshots and uploaded to Salsa

https://salsa.debian.org/zleap-guest/screenshots

As well as videos on

https://peertube.debian.social/video-channels/latexbeamer/videos

Regards