Step 2: Aim (was: Steps towards a concept for the Debian Academy)

On Sun, 27 Sep 2020 16:00:56 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:

> I've pushed a file called PATOMCIE.md [0] to our Git repo at
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debianacademy-team
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debianacademy-team/-/blob/master/PATOMCIE.md

Following this model, I suggest we proceed to the next step:

## 2. AIM

What is the overall aim of the Debian Academy, the grand vision, the
lighthouse we're sailing towards?

~~~
Example:

The Debian Academy is an e-learning platform for learning about how to
contribute to the Debian project.
~~~

Comment on a meta level:
This will result in a very short text, but actually it's one of the
most important steps in the process: The definition of what this is
all about, where we are going, what belongs to this project and what
does not. If we take a bit of time to make sure we have a common
understanding this will save us lots of discussions later :)

Comment on the contents:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianAcademy also has some language (in the
"Goals" and "What is not Debian Academy?" sections). My "example"
above is just a very condensed form of the wiki paragraphs; maybe too
condensed :)

So let's try to come up with a short and still clear overall
aim/vision for this project!

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe