Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2023-06-06

Hi Adrian,

AFAIR update-initramfs -u only replaces the /lib/modules directory structure in an existing initramfs image, and leaves the rest of the files unchanged. But I admit I haven't tried that on installer images...

If that fails, manually unpacking the image and repacking using cpio after replacing modules (or adding any) could be another option. That should work (though I'm not sure whether module dependencies generated on a non-m68k system will work).

Modules that debian-installer does not know about would have to be loaded manually from a shell (if that is still supported).

What am I missing here?

Cheers,

	Michael