Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2023-06-06

> On Jun 9, 2023, at 11:04 PM, Carlos Milán Figueredo <cmilanf@hispamsx.org> wrote:

The problem here is that the network installer relies on the kernel packages on the mirror which is not static for unstable.

If you have a network installer with a 6.1 kernel, it stops working the moment the kernel in unstable is updated to 6.2.

The network installer can only really work with a static mirror like you have it for testing or stable.

>> Laurent Vivier has also prepared some improvements for qemu-virt which we had to
>> shelf until after the Bookworm release.
>
> Would that mean that qemu can be used instead of MiNT?

You can already install Debian/m68k on QEMU. The virt flavor is just a custom virtual machine which provides more CPU power and RAM. It doesn’t emulate a real m68k machine.

Adrian