Re: Booting Kernel on Amiga 3000

Hi Geert,

amiboot -k vmlinux-5.15.0-2-m68k -r initrd.img-5.15.0-2-m68k
root=/dev/sda2 fb=false debug=mem

Are you sure that is what you really used?

Yes, that is what I've been using and works with 5.15

Screen shot of just before I started a new test. I boot the Amiga with no startup-sequence and then run the script. (Saves typing).

https://amiga.vk3heg.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/PXL_20220907_121140311-scaled.jpg

I missed this before, but all kernels that failed to mount their root
file systems, and printed no "initrd: <start> - <end>" lines, had the
"-r <initrd>" parameter in the kernel command line part:

    Kernel command line: ignore_loglevel -r initrd.img-5.19.0-1-m68k
root=/dev/sda2 fb=false debug=mem BOOT_IMAGE=vmlinux-5.19.0-1-m68k

I have seen it do that many times, but but boot correctly. I have also seen amiboot get the system going and then either not find the hd, or the nic or vis versa.

When I got the system installed last year it took many attempts due to those issues, then someone posted the trick of copying the iso to the swap space and the system finally installed.

---
Stephen - vk3heg