Re: Where is last official ISOs for 68k?

On 5/21/20 6:37 PM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Good plan. But the name conflict cannot be solved in the big archive.
> The retrieved Sarge package would need a new name there and thus
> jigdo-lite would not find it in the archive for download.
> (The .template file tells the desired MD5 and the .jigdo file is
> the conversion table to obtain the file path on the download mirror.)
>

> My best idea would be a Debian mirror for the losers of name collisions.
> If you have substantial influence on archive.debian.org, then e.g.
>   http://archive.debian.org/debian_collisions_1
> as neighbor of existing
>   http://archive.debian.org/debian
> It would host the youngest losers of name collisions with their original
> loser names.

One could also create subfolders for each distribution and then enable
deduplication on the filesystem to avoid using up too much space.

FWIW, the current way to deal with this problem is to add the ".old" suffix
for the old packages. It's actually mentioned in the README [1]:

> Note that we had to rename two files during the archival of the
> squeeze release, as they had changed between the old version stored in
> the Debian archive and the version in squeeze.
>
> The files are
>
> pool/main/c/cl-md5/cl-md5_1.8.5.orig.tar.gz
> pool/main/p/python-pam/python-pam_0.4.2.orig.tar.gz
>
> and the old versions have been renamed, getting a suffix of ".old".
> Unfortunately this destroys the possibility to fetch them
> automatically using apt or any tool using the Sources index - if you
> need those two, you will have to manually fetch them.

> But most of all i wish you good luck for the package hunt !

As I mentioned in my previous mail, I found the package here [2].

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz