Re: Where is last official ISOs for 68k?

Hi,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> I will try help finding this package. Then we can ask the mirror
> team to copy it to archive.debian.org.

Good plan. But the name conflict cannot be solved in the big archive.
The retrieved Sarge package would need a new name there and thus
jigdo-lite would not find it in the archive for download.
(The .template file tells the desired MD5 and the .jigdo file is
the conversion table to obtain the file path on the download mirror.)

My best idea would be a Debian mirror for the losers of name collisions.
If you have substantial influence on archive.debian.org, then e.g.
  http://archive.debian.org/debian_collisions_1
as neighbor of existing
  http://archive.debian.org/debian
It would host the youngest losers of name collisions with their original
loser names.

If ever the same name produces two losers, then the older one would go
to a package repository named
  http://archive.debian.org/debian_collisions_2

If the deciders of archive.debian.org are reluctant, the next ally to
acquire would be debian-cd and Steve McIntyre who should have interest
in getting Jigdo to re-create all old ISOs.
After all, this bug affects all Sarge ISO sets of all arches.

Documentation of Jigdo download should mention the existing loser repos
and propose to use them one after the other in jigdo-lite runs as
"Debian miror" until the package was found with matching MD5.
I will update my wiki article as soon as a good home was found for the
repo(s).

But most of all i wish you good luck for the package hunt !

Have a nice day :)

Thomas