Hatari, was Re: Seccomp support for linux-m68k

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> PS. Not related to seccomp, but Hatari's 030 emulation exception
> handling has been improved a lot recently, e.g. exception addresses on
> auto- increment instructions should be correct etc.

Nice! I would like to revisit that '030 Linux bug we discussed last year
(echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger) but there are too many other bugs to fix
and not enough developers to fix them.

> (I'm still seeing random errors on kernel syscall interface, but I'm
> starting to wonder whether it's related to something else than 030
> emulation, as Linux works fine under the same CPU core code within
> WinUAE Amiga emulator.)

A bug in the WinUAE CPU core might not show up in Amiga Linux. The Atari
Linux kernel does some strange things with interrupts (like never masking
IPL 1) that isn't done on any other platform.