Re: BigRAMPlus seems to be detected now

Hi Stefan,

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 4:06 AM Stefan Reinauer
<stefan.k.reinauer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 3:43 AM Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> > As well as trying to boot it with the BRP as primary memory (BRP first
> > in memfile) or sole memory (motherboard RAM disabled in memfile).
>
> With BigramPlus as sole memory the system can't seem to deal with the
> initramfs (see log)

However, according to this log you have both enabled:

> On node 0 totalpages: 4096
>   DMA zone: 40 pages used for memmap
>   DMA zone: 0 pages reserved
>   DMA zone: 4096 pages, LIFO batch:0

16 MiB

> On node 1 totalpages: 65536
>   DMA zone: 640 pages used for memmap
>   DMA zone: 0 pages reserved
>   DMA zone: 65536 pages, LIFO batch:15

256 MiB

> SLUB: Unable to allocate memory from node 0
> SLUB: Allocating a useless per node structure in order to be able to continue
> SLUB: HWalign=16, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=1, Nodes=8

Probably the 16 MiB in the first chunk is too small to allocate
page tables from, especially if it contains the initramfs.

What happens if you put the BRP first in the memfile?

Thanks!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds