Re: Using Debian funds to support a gcc development task

Charles Plessy writes ("Re: Using Debian funds to support a gcc development task"):
> given the reminders that Debian refrains from paying developers for
> their time, I wonder if it would still be possible to make a small
> contribution that expresses Debian's interest and sympathy to your goal,
> with the hope that our name will help the crowdfunding effort.
> Something on a scale that would allow us to answer positively to similar
> requests without putting a significant burden on our finances... Maybe
> $100 ?  This is the same amount as what Debian is willing to reimburse
> for travel costs to bug-squashing parties, for instance.

I think this would be a good idea.  (And I speak as one of the
strongest opponents of Dunc-Tank.)

Such a small, essentially honorary, contribution wouldn't distort our
volunteer setup, and don't need the levels of serious review and
engagement that a larger amount does.  But it would act as a tangible
way to express that we would like to see something done and might
encourage others.

We could afford to make at least dozens of such honorary contributions
a year.

Ian.