Re: Usage of real m68k hardware

Hi,

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> Getting fake bugs of severity important due to the fact that no real
> hardware is used since it is to weak is not really convincing for
> maintainers to spent time on it.

the new 68080 CPU core might be powerful enough to build on real
hardware again:

<http://www.apollo-core.com/index.htm>

If needbe, I'm willing to invest in and operate build hardware.

But still, hardware that is too weak to build packages does not mean
that the hardware is to weak to *run* the resulting software. A couple
of MIPS based platforms are also too weak to build packages on, but
Debian *runs* there just fine. Some build toolchains are quite bloated
these days.

Greetings

Carsten