Re: Trying the netinstall again on Atari Falcon

Hello Stefan,

what's wrong with the old falcon IDE driver? pata_falcon should not be
necessary, and may even be detrimental to performance (it doesn't use
interrupts, rather it polls for completion of ATA commands).

The EtherNAT will remember the MAC address across reboots, but some hack
to set a fixed address after module load might be in order. My EtherNAT
is toast so I can't test that myself.

The console keyboard map is for american layout: @ is on shift-2, ~ is
on shift-~, | is on shift-#, [ is on ü, ] is on + (curly brackets on
shift with same keys) with my german layout keyboard. No idea why I used
the american layout, I'm sure I had taken down the german raw keycodes
at some stage when rewriting the keyboard driver.

If these keys don't work for you, try without loading a key map.

xserver needs support for the Atari pixel format (interleaved planes).
Shouldn't be too hard to do, but Xorg code probably isn't for the faint
of heart (I've certainly had enough to last me a lifetime).

Cheers,

	Michael