Re: falconide not registering device nodes

On 09/04/2017 04:08 AM, Finn Thain wrote:
> Did you confirm that the falconide module was actually loaded?

Yes, you can see the messages from the Falcon IDE driver in the
screenshot I posted. It loads and detects the hard drive as
hda and the CD-ROM drive as hdb.

> Do the device nodes appear in devtmpfs (before udevd starts)?

udev is already running when the falconide module is loaded.

> After udevd starts, udevadm might shed some light.

I tried "udevadm trigger" but that didn't help.

>> Can anyone give me a hint what might be missing here? Do we need to
>> implement modlias_show and _hotplug [3,4] for falconide [5] or are we
>> missing something else?
>>

> Probably something else. There is already a .uevent method with a call to
> add_uevent_var() in drivers/ide/ide.c.

Hmm. Do we maybe need additional generic modules to be loaded?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz