Re: scalapack tests missing on m68k

On Wed, 2017-08-09 at 08:07 -0400, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 08/09/2017 01:17 AM, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > > I can run the testsuite manually if you like.
> >
> > That would be handy, especially to know if the tests have in fact
> > been
> > built.  The log doesn't show any complaints about the test
> > executables,
> > but on the other hand the empty test results together with the
> > dh_install error suggests they're missing.
>
> The builds are all performed with "nocheck nobench" which is
> intentional.

I can reproduce the scalapack build failure on amd64 using nocheck.

The standard build pushes the BLACS test executables into TESTING
instead of the local location BLACS/TESTING.  When ctest runs (i.e.
when nocheck is not activated) it rebuilds the tests, leaving test
executables in  BLACS/TESTING (where testing for BLACS is performed).
My scripts were pulling those executables (xCbtest and xFbtest) out of
BLACS/TESTING to install in scalapac-mpi-test.

When nocheck is active and ctest is not run, then the executables never
get created in BLACS/TESTING, so dh_install fails.  But they have been
built already in the toplevel TESTING dir.

The solution is to not install from BLACS/TESTING, but instead link
from there to the corresponding executable installed in TESTING.

So the m68k build should be successful for scalapack 2.0.2-1exp7.

Thanks for your help debugging.

Drew