Re: Debian on mac68k (LC III)

On 11/2/16 8:20 PM, Finn Thain wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Nov 2016, Mac User wrote:

>>> That's the wrong kernel binary. It should identify itself as
>>> "4.1.35-mac_scsi-egret+" not "4.1.35-mac_scsi+".
>>>

>> Sorry, vmlinux-4.1.35-mac_scsi-egret+ hangs at the same point.
>
> OK. Is this the same "ABCFGHIJK" hang as before, except that now you're
> using 'earlyprintk' which means we get to see a few more lines? If it is,
> does pre-configuring the serial ports or disabling MacOS extensions change
> anything?

Yes, it is the same. My mistake earlier -- I cut and pasted
the hang from "version 4.1.35-mac_scsi+" instead of capturing
the result of "vmlinux-4.1.35-mac_scsi-egret+" on a serial
console.

In Penguin, I'm configuring the serial ports to 38400, 8 bits,
no parity, turning off appletalk and booting with extensions
off.  I also set the memory for Penguin to 35000 (about the
highest it can go on an LC III). I've noticed before that if
the memory for Penguin is too small, the kernel will hang.
Could that be an issue here?

-Stan