Re: Debian on mac68k

On 10/26/16 8:04 PM, Finn Thain wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Oct 2016, Mac User wrote:
>

>> boot/vmlinux-4.1.35-mac_scsi-egret+ -- 4907715 bytes
>> vmlinux-4.1.35-mac_scsi-egret+      -- 3818980 bytes
>>
>> On my LC III, the first kernel (4907715 bytes) hung at the white
>> screen showing "ABCFGHIJK" (so one step later than the IIfx).
>> Sometimes this white screen is displayed for up to 2 or 3 minutes;
>> I waited for over 10 minutes.
>>
>> The second kernel (3818980 bytes) hung at the same point.
>
> Would you please try this kernel binary as well --
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-mac68k/files/4.1.35%20Test%20Kernel/
> If that works, it would mean that my Egret patches are to blame, since
> there is no other difference between the two builds.

My Mac IIfx hangs at the Penguin screen booting
"vmlinux-4.1.35-mac_scsi+" (same as
"vmlinux-4.1.35-mac_scsi-egret+").

I tried booting "vmlinux-4.1.35-mac_scsi+" three times on my
LC III; two times there was a kernel panic, once it hung at the
"ABCFGHIJK" screen.

If it would be helpful, I can trying booting using a serial
console and capture the panic details.

-Stan