Re[2]: Debian on mac68k

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016, Scott Holder wrote:

> ><snip>
> >
> >   https://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/stan/linux-m68k-image-4.1.18-mac-00084-ge6b89b9.tar.gz
> >
> >   SHA1 9ee49c4d9361785b872f9448acd3e25a4f52ab92
> >
> >The patches are the 84 that I've sent to the scsi maintainers. They
> >affect only the mac_scsi module. (Mac kernel binaries don't have any
> >use for atari_scsi, sun3_scsi etc so these modules aren't present.)
> >

> Gave this a shot on the ol' LC 475 and it booted up fine. Maybe a little
> bit faster than the previous 3.x I was using. Gave it a good
> dist-upgrade and it seems to be running well, aside from a couple weird
> SCSI messages. Probably hardware.

If you send the output of dmesg, that would be helpful. You may see a scsi
error when you unmount filesystems, because old scsi drives don't support
the cache commands the kernel sends.

The LC 475 does not use the mac_scsi driver, it uses mac_esp. So a Debian
kernel binary should work fine on your Mac.

You would only need to use my build if you don't already have Debian
installed (because without that you can't generate an initrd), or if you
need mac_scsi.

> X still works too, about as well as it ever did :)

Was that the latest version of xorg in the archive?