Re: Installation on Amiga 1200

On 03/21/2015 12:50 PM, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> According to the photo, your Linux partition is on sdc1 so you should use:
> root=/dev/sd1

sdc1 ;)

@Sebastian:

Please post the full amiboot command line you are using. I haven't
watched the video yet, but did you remember to use the initrd?

> I assume that this was taken on a PC, so on the Amiga the harddisk may have
> a different name, depends on how many disks you have on the system. If it is
> the only (or first) disk, it should be sda1, if it is the second disk, its
> sdb1, etc. Just try with a few different root arguments, or better, use
> dmesg (and debug=mem as additional bootarg) to figure out the name of your
> disk. Maybe you can catch it in the kernel output during bootup?

I prefer using a serial cable hooked up to my PC. Works like a charm
with debug=ser and console=ttyS0,9600n8.

Here's my command line for amiboot:

amiboot-5.6 -k vmlinux-3.16.0-4-m68k -r initrd.img-3.16.0-4-m68k
root=/dev/hda3 console=tty0 console=ttyS0,9600n8 modprobe.blacklist=amiflop

Blacklisting amiflop is necessary as otherwise btrfs will try to access
the floppy drive which won't cease until you insert a floppy disk.

Apparently btrfs doesn't understand that amiflop is a floppy drive and
not a hard disk where it could expect a btrfs filesystem. I should
file a bug report upstream.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz