Installation on Amiga 1200

 Hi!

 I recently dusted off my Amiga 1200 [1] and am now trying to get
 Linux to run on it.

 Thanks to Google, I came across a post [2] by Adrian Glaubitz that
 explains the installation of Debian. I followed the instructions but
 the m68k-base.tgz and vmlinuz-3.2.0-4-amiga files were no longer
 available at the URLs mentioned. I contacted Adrian off-list and got an
 immediate response (thanks again!) pointing me to [3].

 Using amiboot, I am able to boot the kernel. [4] is a video of the
 boot process. I am running into a kernel panic as the root filesystem
 cannot be found / mounted.

 This is probably due to the fact that I slightly deviated from the
 instructions: I did not create an affs partition on the same CompactFlash
 card on which I created the ext4 and swap partitions. That card only has
 these two partitions (see [5]). I copies amiboot as well as the kernel
 and initrd images to my Amiga's internal harddisk (also a CompactFlash
 card). Upon booting Linux, the CompactFlash card with the ext4 and
 swap partitions is in the CompactFlash reader that is attached via
 PCMCIA.

 Question (finally): does the setup I described above work? If so,
 what would be the correct argument for root=?

 Thanks!
Sebastian

 --
 [1] http://amiga1200.sebastian-bergmann.de/
 [2] http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65146

 PS: What a great way of introducing myself to the list :-( First my
 mail client sends an unfinished version of the mail to the list and
 then my GPG plugin comes up with the brilliant idea to encrypt the
 mail using my public key.

 Sorry for the noise!