The BigRAMPlus works - Re: kullervo with bigram

Hi Geert!

Important side note: We can no longer reproduce this particular crash.

All we get now is a CPU soft-lockup which goes away when using a memfile
to either exclude the BigRAMPlus ~256 MB from 0x40000000 _or_ the
accelerator's on-board memory ~128 MB from 0x07000000.

Thus, the memfile to run Linux in the accelerator's memory is:

2097152
0x07000000 134217728

and the memfile for running the kernel in the BigRAMPlus:

2097152
0x40000000 268435456

Both seem to work fine so far. Activating both regions will lead
to a soft-lockup right after the message "Freeing unused kernel
memory", using them mutually exclusively works.

Furthermore, we just wanted to use the BigRAMPlus as a swap device
now following Ingo's description [1]. Unfortunately, CONFIG_MTD
is not set in the current Debian m68k kernel and we therefore
can't use it.

Any chance we can activate that?

Adrian

https://blog.windfluechter.net/content/blog/2013/12/18/1677-debian-donation-m68k-arrived