Re: gnutls28 transition

On 4 May 2014 00:47, Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> wrote:
> Dimitri John Ledkov dixit:
>
>>gmp has been recently re-licensed and all architectures and ports have
>>the updated gmp in jessie/sid. Well, all but powerpcspe & x32 both of

Well i was talking about gmp, not gnutls28 package. But i do see that
gnutls28 is out of date on more arches than gmp is.
Out of date gnutls28 is not a problem from licensing point of view.
However a few packages have already transitioned to gnutls28 e.g.
curl.

> … and m68k which has a positive slope but is waiting for #745461 to
> be resolved, a fix for which has already been committed (but I said
> to not bother doing an upload just for us; the situation changes if
> you want to start the transition now because we'd better have a
> working gnutls28 package in m68k/sid *beforehand*).
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-gnutls/gnutls.git;a=commit;h=2efeff1b76d4f2ae038336e9596fa06076125f4f
>
> I will apply this change to the sid or experimental package and
> build it, to test whether there’s anything else we should know
> before starting the transition (or if things just work), and I
> can also try gnutls-cli for basic functionality tests. Just tell
> me which one, the one from sid or experimental, is the one you
> want to transition towards.
>
> Thanks for the heads-up by the way, this allows us to work on
> this together and avoid bad surprises later…

I have no call over which gnutls28 we'll go with for the jessie
release, and the one m68k has is perfectly fine, despite being out of
date.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.