Re: gnutls28 transition

Dimitri John Ledkov dixit:

>gmp has been recently re-licensed and all architectures and ports have
>the updated gmp in jessie/sid. Well, all but powerpcspe & x32 both of

… and m68k which has a positive slope but is waiting for #745461 to
be resolved, a fix for which has already been committed (but I said
to not bother doing an upload just for us; the situation changes if
you want to start the transition now because we'd better have a
working gnutls28 package in m68k/sid *beforehand*).

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-gnutls/gnutls.git;a=commit;h=2efeff1b76d4f2ae038336e9596fa06076125f4f

I will apply this change to the sid or experimental package and
build it, to test whether there’s anything else we should know
before starting the transition (or if things just work), and I
can also try gnutls-cli for basic functionality tests. Just tell
me which one, the one from sid or experimental, is the one you
want to transition towards.

Thanks for the heads-up by the way, this allows us to work on
this together and avoid bad surprises later…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<igli> exceptions: a truly awful implementation of quite a nice idea.
<igli> just about the worst way you could do something like that, afaic.