Re: gcc-4.8.2: callee overwrites stack of caller at -O

Greetings, and thanks so much!  Indeed this is the case, and has been
for many years.  Thanks for pointing it out -- I am fixing it now.  What
is curious is how this triggers a failure on 68k alone, and only
recently.  I had thought that in such a circumstance, the stack of the
callee would be pushed further away from that of the caller, not on top
of it.  So is this a very helpful general observation on your part, or
do you have reason to believe that this would result in the failure
reported?

> Camm Maguire <camm@cs.utexas.edu> writes:
> > Greetings!  The caller is call_proc_new, and the callee LI35.
> LI35 is called with three arguments, but requires at least four.
> Andreas.

Take care,
--
Camm Maguire			     		    camm@maguirefamily.org