New buildd hardware

Hi fellas!

I'm very happy to announce that we're going to have another machine
being set up as a buildd. Joel Ewy donated a Macintosh Centris 650
with an 68040/25 CPU (full version, not EC), 136 MB RAM and built-in
Ethernet (including the transceiver). He shipped the machine the long
way from the US to me in Germany and the Mac arrived without a scratch.

All I need to do now is replace the internal hard disk with something
larger and faster (and quieter). Even though I have a couple of SCSI
drives I'm rather looking into installing a IDE drive with the help
of a SCSI-IDE bridge which I am yet to obtain. Those things aren't
cheap, but I seem to have found a cheap source for them, I'll see
in a few days.

In any case, I'll let you know once the buildd has been set up and
I will work together with Ingo for the final setup.

PS: A colleague of mine who works at the chemistry department next
    door found something very special in the storage room of the
    building while cleaning up: An HP 9000/300 workstation. Those
    workstations sported 68k CPUs ranging from the 68010 throughout
    the 68040 for the higher end models. I haven't had the chance to
    look at the machine yet and my colleague just took a glance at
    the badge on the front bezel [1] (actual machine), but I will
    hopefully get chance tomorrow. Cross your fingers that's one of the
    faster models :).

    Anyone tried Debian on these yet? There have been success reports
    in the past [2].

Cheers,

Adrian

--