kswapd0 bug

Hi *,

I just had the kswapd0 bug: it using 49.9% CPU, dpkg-deb the other 49.9%
(I’m just finishing building eglibc 2.18 in the background since the
buildds are currently limited).

This “fixed” it:

# echo 1 >/proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

The system was not swapping, but almost all free RAM was used up for
the bugger cache, which I suspect triggered it.

Of course, monitoring top(1) at all times is not an option, and a
proper fix would beat this, but I thought to share this workaround.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
> emacs als auch vi zum Kotzen finde (joe rules) und pine für den einzig
> bedienbaren textmode-mailclient halte (und ich hab sie alle ausprobiert). ;)
Hallooooo, ich bin der Holger ("Hallo Holger!"), und ich bin ebenfalls
... pine-User, und das auch noch gewohnheitsmäßig ("Oooooooohhh").  [aus dasr]