Re: Partitioning Atari Falcon in order to run linux/m68k

Am 17.12.2013 07:40, schrieb Michael Schmitz:
> Stefan,

>>> That's about the only way I know of.
>>
>> Okay, i did this. Then i used FreeMiNT to make an ext2 FS on the LNX
>> partition.
>> The kernel boot messages tell me it mounted /dev/hda4 successfully as
>> ext2 .
>
> Good. Why not use FreeMINT to unpack the linux filesystem image tarball?

I tried this, with tar xvfz m68k-base.tgz
(gives kernelpanic: init not found) and laterwith tar xvfzp
m68k-base.tgz (now kernel panic: attempted to kill init)

both of the tar commands unpack the tarball, but end with message
"exit due to previvous errors" at /var/tmp

I don't know what, but something goes very likely wrong, thats why
i want to try Thorsten Glaser's hint to use the ext2 fs image instead.