Re: Making use of the BigRamPlus?

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Ingo Jürgensmann
<ij@2013.bluespice.org> wrote:
> On 2013-12-16 10:48, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>
>>> I already built a kernel with "Use one physical chunk of memory only" as
>>> stated on http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/z2ram.html but apparently this
>>> doesn't help as I expect the 256M to pop up in z2ram listing.
>>
>> BigRamplus is Z3, not Z2, so it won't show up.
>
> Uhm... is there any reason why this is limited to Z2?

Because it's called z2ram?

So far, no one played with Z3 RAM boards.

>> You can try CONFIG_MTD_PHRAM to create a block device and use it as sawp.
>
> But with that I would need to define the memory in memfile, I guess, but
> then again it gets ignored when it's not in the proper order, because I want
> the kernel to get loaded into Fastmem (it doesn't work with the BigRamPlus
> yet anyway).

No, don't put in in the memfile. I haven't looked at the code yet, but I expect
the driver to ioremap() the RAM based on a kernel command line parameter.
We could add code to detect it automatically it if the above works.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds