Re: Making use of the BigRamPlus?

On 2013-12-16 10:48, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

I already built a kernel with "Use one physical chunk of memory only" as stated on http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/z2ram.html but apparently this doesn't help as I expect the 256M to pop up in z2ram listing.
BigRamplus is Z3, not Z2, so it won't show up.

Uhm... is there any reason why this is limited to Z2?

You can try CONFIG_MTD_PHRAM to create a block device and use it as sawp.

But with that I would need to define the memory in memfile, I guess, but then again it gets ignored when it's not in the proper order, because I want the kernel to get loaded into Fastmem (it doesn't work with the BigRamPlus yet anyway).

--
Ciao...          //    Fon: 0381-2744150
.     Ingo     \X/     http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.