dpkg RAM use (was Re: Bits from the Release Team (Jessie freeze info))

Dixi quod…

> exactly resource-saving. (Even running apt/dpkg isn’t due to the
> sheer size of the archive, though Guillem kindly reduced memory
> usage in the upcoming dpkg upload.)

Indeed. Running dpkg and APT together should now be possible in
40 MiB or less of total RAM instead of 128 MiB from before. (Less
if you use swap, ofc.)

This is a totally “random sample”, nothing tested. (Both of them.)
But I like it, it’s definitely noticeable.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[16:04:33] bkix: "veni vidi violini"
[16:04:45] bkix: "ich kam, sah und vergeigte"...