Re: [RFC] m68k: Update defconfigs for v3.9

On Sat, 25 May 2013, Laurent Vivier wrote:

> Le 25/05/2013 10:04, Finn Thain a ?crit :
>
> > If you enable EARLY_CONSOLE, don't generate any Zilog SCC interrupts
> > before the pmac_zilog driver gets opened (i.e. before getty starts on
> > ttyS0). The early boot asm doesn't properly intialise the SCC
> > interrupts (known bug).
>
> I don't know if it is related to this

Probably.

> but after compiling the kernel 3.10.0-rc2 from Geert defconfig branch,
> I'm able to boot close to the end of init level 2 and then my screen is
> filled by "unexpected interrupt 112" and I can't do anything more.

I've seen it before, many years ago. I've not tested a Quadra 800 for 5
years or more, BTW.

> Any idea ?

Does it crash on every boot? Always at the same point? Does single user
mode help? Do you have getty on ttyS0 and ttyS1 in /etc/inittab?

# egrep "SERIAL|ZILOG|CONSOLE" .config
?

You could try wiggling the SCC initialization in the bootloader, or trying
a different bootloader (Penguin has some options for SCC init. Does Emile
use the SCC? Does it clear the interrupt enable flags for the two SCC
channels?)

HTH

Finn